To promote social distancing and alleviate germ transmission, the following restrictions will be implemented beginning Friday, November 20:
* Session 2 (which started this past Monday) general registration group lessons, NITTL drills, Tuesday Evening Ladies Doubles League, and JDP will be CANCELLED. Full credits for the remainder of the session will be applied to Park District household accounts as quickly as possible in the coming days. Anyone needing their credit refunded by check or credit card may contact Business Manager Leanne Schmidt at extension 2011 or email@example.com.
* Drop-in group lessons & non-singles open play will be CANCELLED.
* Face coverings must be worn EVERYWHERE, including on the courts.
The following activities will be allowed:
* Singles play IS permitted.
* Private lessons ARE permitted (contact Tennis Director Conni Stinek at extension 2015 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info).
* Existing permanent court time reservations WILL be honored.
* The Session 2 Sunday Boys & Girls High School Singles Leagues WILL continue.
* Singles Scrambles WILL continue.
Provided things can resume at a greater capacity before the end of Session 2 (February 28), we will restart the session and hold a new re-registration period (with priority given to those who had initially registered for Session 2).
The Racket Club reopened on June 8. All courts indoors and out are available, but certain areas have been restricted including seating surfaces, lockers, showers, drinking fountains, and the practice lane / ball machine. Only instructional staff is touching teaching equipment and balls during programs.
FYI: COVID-19 Participation Modifications at The Racket Club
* Players (or anyone associated with a player) with COVID symptoms or exposure to it may not participate.
* Masks must be worn by anyone inside the building when not on court.
* No spectating inside the building, including during classes.
* Social distancing of 6’+ must be practiced by anyone on the grounds.
* Players should arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before scheduled activity time and leave soon after completion.
* Indoor curtains closed to avoid balls going onto other courts.
* Players must bring own towel, water, snacks, and cooler.
* Scoring devices have been removed; players should bring paper/pen to keep score.
* No hand shaking; racket bump instead.
* Two numbered balls per player per competitive match; use only assigned balls to serve.
* Exit as soon as activity is over, scores reported, and next match time given.
* No congregating at tournament site due to limitations on number of people in the facility at one time.
The Racket Club is your home for year-round tennis for all ages whether you’re a beginner or expert. 🎾
The pro shop, lounge and children’s playroom give you the complete club experience you are looking for. Stop in today!
Contact Club Manager Rob Laue at 847-658-5688 ext. 2014 or email@example.com.
SEPTEMBER - MAY
Monday - Thursday | 7:30 am - 10 pm
Friday | 7:30 am - 9 pm
Saturday | 7:30 am - 6 pm
Sunday | 7:30 am - 8:30 pm
Monday - Thursday | 7:30 am - Dusk
Friday - Sunday | 7:30 am - Noon
Open court time reservations may be made one week in advance by members and one day in advance by non-members (with $10 additional guest fees). Play begins on the hour and half hour; $26/hour prime time and $22/hour non-prime.
Permanent court time reservations are made for the same time each week during the indoor and summer seasons. Court fees are divided as requested among all group members (and billed in six installments for the indoor season).
TENNIS SCHOOL is in session Thursdays from 12:30 - 1:30 pm! This is the perfect way for kids to be active & productive during the mid-day break. Instructors like Coach Adolfo will teach tennis through fun games with lots of variety. No experience necessary and no membership required. The Club will supply equipment if needed. Kids will stay busy while parents get a little break!
Only $49 per 4-week mini session; register any time.
Just because it's winter break doesn't mean you can't get some organized, pro-led tennis in. We have holiday camps for kids AND adults! Both will be meeting from 9 am to Noon on Tuesday, Dec 22. For the kids, it will be a mixture of indoor golf & tennis (beginner & above, $35), while the adults will be treated to a variety of drills (including Cardio Tennis) & playing opportunities (advanced beginner & above, $49).
Registration is available online or at the front desk.
Monday: “THE LATE NIGHTER” | 8:30 - 10 pm | $12 hr Members / $22 hr & No Guest Fees Non-Members
Tuesday: “THE BARGAIN HUNTER” | 30% Off Members All In-Stock Shoes & Apparel
Wednesday: “WALK-ON WEDNESDAY” | $12 hr Members Walk-On
Thursday: “PAY AS YOU GO DAY” | Weekly Drop-In Classes
Friday: “PICKLEBALLPALOOZA” | 1 - 4 pm $4 Members / $5 & No Guest Fees Non-Members
Saturday: “PRACTICE DAY” | 1/2 Off Practice Lane & Ball Machine (*Currently Closed for COVID Precautions)
Sunday: “VALUE SUNDAY” | 40% Off Beginner Classes
Open Gym Tennis | Saturdays 2 - 4 pm | Grades 6 - 12 | $5 Everyone
Juniors can play for next to nothing all year ‘round and get that great casual competitive tennis experience like there used to be…“just come on out n’ play!”
Open Gym may occasionally be preempted by special events...please call in advance to check at 847-658-5688.
Classes are available to members
or those just looking to get started.
Access the online membership cancellation form.
We are proud to feature a diverse pro staff that is unrivaled among Chicago-area clubs.
Programs are available in all ability levels for the following age groups:
View the lesson & league schedule for the Winter Indoor Session beginning November 16 (membership required for all Club classes above pee wee level except for Sunday Value beginner classes).
Private Lessons are scheduled directly with the pro of your choice. Contact Conni Stinek at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Half Hour Private Lessons are $37.50/half hour or $187.50/6 lessons. One Hour Private Lessons are $75/hour or $375/6 lessons.
Registration is now open.
Our Junior Development Program, or JDP, is an invitation-only class for students who have demonstrated uncommon commitment, ability and potential. Contact Tennis Director Conni Stinek at 847-658-5688 ext. 2015 for more information.
If your lifestyle features occasional gaps in the schedule that can be filled with a quick session, we don't see how you could do better than this deal! Add this to your membership for only $25/month, and play as much and often as you like just so long as you don't make a reservation. (We suggest calling first to make sure there are available courts.) Month-to-month commitment; can be cancelled at any time.
Purchase the monthly add-on.
Interested in subbing? Need subs for a group? Check out our online Sub Board.
Need a class or group suggestion? Talk to our Tennis Director, Conni Stinek, at 847-658-5688 ext. 2015 to find the right class or group for you.
There is always a way to play!
Check with us regularly to see if anything special is being offered...chances are it is!
We've got the best selection of clothes, shoes, racquets, and accessories in the northwest suburbs. Our stringing is done quickly & affordably...next day if needed!
Check out our String & Grip Service Price List.
Club Connection is our
monthly Club newsletter.
View the Club Connection Past Issue Archive.
We are closed on certain holidays, while on others we may be open for reservations but not holding lessons or permanent court time. Also note that on occasions in which we have permanent court time but not classes, permanent court time groups will still meet but without their instructor.
View the holiday schedule.